Join Our Team
Reliance Electric welcomes dedicated employees seeking a fulfilling career working in the field with fellow construction professionals. Our company culture allows us to work hard and have fun along the way, we love what we do! Our company offers career-furthering mentorship, great pay and benefits, and the opportunity to work in new places all over Colorado and the continental United States. Reliance Electric believes in their employees and created an environment that allows them to grow and move forward in their career.
Through UnitedHealthcare and UMR Benefits they have created and published the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Reliance Electric.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
Apprentice Electrician are workers enrolled or soon to be enrolled in an apprenticeship program with the purpose of becoming certified Journeymen electricians. Apprentices typically receive 8,000 on-the-job training hours, classroom instruction and wages that increase as they gain experience. Their duties include completing tasks as assigned by their supervisors, learning the electrical trade on the job and in a classroom setting, and taking on additional job-related responsibilities and tasks as they progress.
Some of the key skills learned throughout an apprenticeship program include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Installing and maintaining electrical equipment and power supplies
- Knowing and following all electrical codes and regulations
- Gaining and demonstrating a thorough understanding of fire alarm systems
- Proper use of the correct PPE for the job
After an apprentice completes his or her training, which takes about four years, they can be advanced to the role of Journeyman.
Journeyman Electricians are certified electricians having completed all of the on-the-job and classroom training requirements and have obtained their Journeyman license from the Colorado Electrical Board. Journeymen must be experienced in electrical installs and reading construction blueprints, possess supervisory skills and have a reasonable level of knowledge of the electrical code. A journeyman often takes on the role of supervising and coaching junior apprentice electricians. A few other responsibilities include:
- Replacement of outdated electrical systems
- Installation and testing of electrical appliances
- Installation of electrical components within walls, ceilings and floors
After around two years and 4,000 additional hours gaining experience and knowledge as a journeyman, an electrician can opt to take their Master’s exam.
Becoming a Master Electrician requires a demonstrably advanced understanding of the full range of electrical concepts. This is obtained through extensive education and experience in advanced electrical work and includes aspects such as:
- Creating electrical blueprints and building plans
- Pulling permits & ensuring code compliance
- Interfacing with project owners, suppliers, architects and other subcontractors
- Project management
Master electricians have proven that they can understand and follow strict building codes, solve complex electrical problems and manage a staff of junior electricians.
An Electrical Service Technician requires an excitement for troubleshooting electrical issues and solving problems. Your organizational and analytical skills will prove essential to be successful in this position. Their primary duties to include responding to electrical service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair various electrical issues for commercial, residential and multi-family properties. Other duties include:
- Complete range of work – including short service calls, small scale planning, spec projects, and more
- Perform occasional warranty work
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Provide on-call emergency support to our customers on a rotational basis, with on-call pay
- Install, retrofit lighting and replacing electrical devices
- Circuit tracing and troubleshooting, working in panels
- Replace electrical devices
- Perform other related duties, as assigned